Saturday, 22 October 2016

The Forgotten City for Skyrim: Special Edition (Xbox One & PC)

A remastered version of The Forgotten City is available on Bethesda.net for Skyrim: Special Edition for Xbox One and PC.

Developing The Forgotten City took over 1,700 hours, or about a year of full time work. My dream is to one day make games like this for a living, and be in a position to pay a composer and voice actors. If each person who played this mod donated just one dollar, I could make that dream a reality, and release a new project every year or so!

If you'd like to donate, the button below will take you to PayPal where you can securely donate:


A note for PS4 users:

Unfortunately, at this The Forgotten City cannot be ported to PS4. Sony's position on Bethesda mods (it won't allow “external assets”) means any PS4 port would be missing the original musical score, the 1200+ lines of recorded dialogue, and all the scripts necessary to make the game work. If you'd like Sony to change its position, I encourage you to make use of the Change.org petition here and/or here.


10 comments:

  1. Hi. I am trying to donate money on your blog (I was the jasoncaspian user on Bethesda's website), but every time I click on the donate now button, it leads me to PayPal's main page, not to where I can donate to you. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you can help with an issue I'm having with TFC. When I trigger the event and follow Metellus into the lake house, I get trapped. When I try to open the door, w voice just says "My letter." As I'm on XBOX One, I can't use the console command workaround listed on your Nexus page. I've tried putting the letter on the table, reloading the save, leaving and re-entering the lake house before the portal is set, triggering the event different ways... nothing. I'd really like to be able to complete the questline (and not only by killing Metellus). Is there any other fix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara, thanks for your message. Just to be clear, you need to have Metellus' letter on you to pass through the portal, so putting it on the table wouldn't help. If that's not working then there's a bug I simply can't explain, or fix, or provide a workaround for on Xbone without console commands. I'm really sorry. :-( The good news is that if you'd like to see the best ending, you can watch one of the many YouTube Lets play series.

      Delete
    2. OHHHHH. I misinterpreted what it said on Nexus—"you must have the letter on the table"—since when you first arrive, the letter is on the table. I just tried it with the letter in my inventory and lo and behold, I'm through. I can't believe it was that simple. Thank you SO much for your reply! I will definitely be donating... I would love to see more Skyrim expansions like TFC from you, but you have to promise to port them to Xbone, too!

      Delete
  3. Hi, loved your mood had no issues until I made it to the end and find that I'm permanently glitches with the radiation and there seems to be no solution whatsoever. I have tried many different attempts to fix it to no avail. I've entered the main area of the city and still poisoned. Please hep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're on PC, I suggest you cheat with console command "tgm" until you get out of the city, then disable the mod. If you're on Xbox One you won't be able to do that; suggest going back to earlier saves and trying again.

      Delete
    2. I am on Xbox one and there the saves are corrupted by this glitch. As it went noticed until I felt the need to change armor.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm having an issue that I can't get around, on Xbox one. I enter the lake house and pick up the letter, go to leave, and there's a voice that says "my letter" and the door won't open. I've tried changing my mod order, disabling mods, reloading this game (many times) and re entering... nothing but "my letter" echoes over and over again, and I'm trapped in the lake house.

    ReplyDelete